Wednesday 11 October 2017

Morocco Trip - Day 9 (I think)

Good evening readers,

Sorry about missing be blog last night but I just forgot….

Needless to say the campsite was noisy etc etc……. but we did have it all to ourselves.

It was good to visit the dunes at Merzouga yesterday, although it was a bit of a haul to get there as there is bugger all in-between. We saw lots of rally type bikes and trucks practising on the sand dunes - braver people than I am…. We rode back to the next camp site but I could not locate it and even Gertie Garmin was at a loss. We found another and later after checking the maps we found out that if we had just gone a further 5kms we would have found it but no matter - it probably would have been noisy too…

This morning we set off at 8.30 and headed to Ouarzazate and located a campsite that we used two years ago - where I am sitting now writing this in the quiet… yes the quiet…. We had a walk to the local supermarket and are now chilling; Well I am; David is under a a bit of stress at present what with work, trying to move house and all. So it has been decided that he will head home earlier than planned and I will make my way home via Spain and France. We are going to Marrakesh tomorrow and then over to the coast at Siri and then up to Casablanca. This is where we will part company so that David can get home and be closer to this events happening at there....

I think I will have two more nights in Morocco before crossing over to Spain and then I will have five days in Spain and 5 Days in France and that will hopefully get me to the boat crossing on the 28th to the UK.

3.30 in the A.M now to get supper ready…