Tuesday 17 October 2017

Morocco Trip - 17 Oct

Good evening readers,

After a very quiet night, I woke up this morning and found that everyone on the site had gone…. must be my aftershave or snoring… I was waiting for it to get light but that is now about 8am… bugger - i had better get a move on..

Packed up and hit the road at 09.30.. it was meant to be a short run but I re-routed and it ended up as a very long run.. I do believe that I actually filled up with fuel 3 times in the same day! When I finally did arrive at the campsite: it was closed !!! 450kms and the bloody site was closed…. so I rode into the local town to find a motel or such like but there were all too posh for my budget…. and not another campsite for 60kms…. So i hit the road to Zaragoza hoping to find a motel on the route but no….. it was getting dark by now and so I asked Gertie Garmin to find a hotel NOW….. next one was 20 miles away.. so I rode on and managed to locate a hostel with he help of the local petrol station…. It has space and is very well appointed even though it is stuck in the middle of a crappy town….

As I pulled up outside the heavens opened with a full thunder storm: lightning and everything - so I abandoned the bike outside and moved in… I am now sat in the bar with a beer.. supper is at 9pm and all is now well - although I am knackered…. nearly 300 miles and it took from 9.30 until 6pm.. including fuel and food stops..

Tomorrow I am heading for Zaragoza and hope to find a campsite that is open!!! I must remember not the rush - I still have 11 days to get to Caen in northern France…… maybe I will find a nice campsite in France and rest-up for a couple of days…. and finish Michelle Lamphere's book (the Butterfly Route) - its very good… Then I can attack Derek Mansfield's last offering from the road…

Afternote - I can recommend this Hostel in Hostel Palis at Calle Magdalena 16350 Carboneras de Guadazaon Spain

Nite Nite