Friday 13 October 2017

Morocco Trip - Day 11

Good afternoon readers,

Where were we - ah yes, we were at the main square in Marrakesh, sitting next to some very smelly horses. We then moved over the the other side of the square and had yet another coffee and did a bit of people watching… then the wind got up and the raining came down. At least that stopped the incessant drumming…. It was so sad the see the way they animals are treated, the snakes, monkeys and the donkeys and yet spend so much money on a God that they have never seen !!

Finally it was time to go and have a quick beer and meet the bus driver to take up back to the campsite. On board the bus were 4 english girls from "up north" and they were returning to their hotel… They were all at Bradford University together… a cheerful bunch. Back at camp we had a very good tajine and a drink before turning in for the night - it was so very hot all night.

This morning we packed up and left Marrakesh - now, we are still not sure if we paid the bill for the camp site so I keep looking out for the many police road blocks here - just in case……

We motored over to Safi on the west coast and then turned to the North along the R301 to El-Jadida - wonderful views of the sea, and a few industrial sites !! We are now at a camp site in the town - we set up the tents and walked into town to enjoy my first McDonalds Cheese Burger since I left home weeks ago. Fabulous……

I am now sitting in reception blogging and David has gone for a swim the in sea… not for me… not my thing. Once I have finished this I will have another look at the ablutions - I can safely say that they, at first glance, look to worse we have encountered yet….

Tomorrow the plan is to ride into Casablanca and visit the Hassan II mosque on the coast and then continue further north passed Rabat into Kenitra where we have booked our 2nd hotel of the trip. I wonder if they have a washing machine and dryer I can use…. Following further thoughts inside my helmet, I have decided to exit Morocco with David on Sunday and take up the slack days whilst I ride up through Spain and France. David will head north across Spain hoping to catch the boat and Bilboa on the 19th I think.

Thats about it for today - I must try to get the photos off the camera etc….

Nite Nite