Saturday 7 October 2017

Morocco Trip - Day 5


Good evening readers,

Some time I think that I am always moaning !!! Well not today; I will be rejoicing in the fact that I got hardly any sleep whilst those around us partied and carried on through most of the night. The kids stopped yelling at about 12 o'clock, the adults went on until about 1am. Then the dogs started to bark at the cockerels and the donkey joined throughout the rest of the night. What joy we all had.

The internet at the last stop was crap, and the Vodafone signal was one bar. See what a great time we are having.  

However, we had a comfortable ride down the the port and surprise the boat was on time. I even manage a quick phone call home before we lost the connection to UK. Having finally got on board we settled in for a 45 minute crossing into North Africa. We were quick disembarked and then we had about a hour to sit whilst the customs officers got their shit together. A quick change of money and we were away in Morocco.

Gertie and I had another small disagreement on the correct route to Chechaouen but we sorted that out. The last half of the route was through road works, police patrols, slow lorries and high cross wind which I hate. At last we found the camp site and are all set up. Another calamity is that the sole of my boot has start to come apart, so out with the Gorilla Glue and we will wait and see the result on the morning.

We are now sat in the Cafe at the site with the promise of a hot meal of something. Tomorrow should be an interesting ride to Taza.

Nite nite all