Tuesday 26 April 2016

26th April - non riding day.

Dear reader,

I have been through my kit but could find very little to dump... May I just need to pack it better!!!  This morning I rode to the local store - just 15 miles away .... Why they call it a convenience store is beyond me...  Well I got some grits, a couple of bottles of water and something for lunch.

Having sorted that I fixed one of the LED lights on the front of the bike, as the cable had got pulled when they strapped the bike to the pallet.   I believe that the crash bars are a bit out of shape too with all the pressure of the straps - we will see how that goes but I may have to undo them, bend them back into shape and then re attach them to the bike... I suppose it could do with a bit of a spot weld to hold it in place...  I checked the top box and no Mig welder in there !!

Having returned for another cup of tea, I then set off on one of the trails, dropping down fast into a beautiful glen and then thought I would take a short cut back up to the camping area.... Oh my Lord am I out of condition... Puffing and panting like a 64 year old !!!

Now back at the tent and watching at least 5 squirrel playing around the trees near my tent...  And it it so very quiet here...  I tried to resist blogging but I am still not used to sitting and communing with nature yet...    It is 2pm and I think I am the only one left in this forest?     For supper this evening I will be mostly having 100% natural Beef Broth with maybe a little fusilli pasta for bulk... And reading my book by Jeremy Kroeker : Motorcycle Therapy....

The scars from my over scratching of mozzie bits are healing and I am now wearing socks and desert boots.... and a hat !!! (Note to my wife... The new trousers are working out a treat.. but I am resisting making them into shorts xx)

More later if I get bored and start chatting with my self....