Tuesday 26 April 2016

Nigel's in Fairy land ... Honest...

Dear reader,

The day started well with a good breakfast coffee and instant cream wheat, a hot shower and a part shave, numerous cups of tea. Had a slow start, done the emails etc.... Then packed the bike, got all the kit on, got dressed and it would not start - battery flat... Bugger I thought...   Then one of the old guys came over for the stoop and offered a battery charger... What a hero.  Well we charged it up for just 15 minutes and hey presto we were away... Phew.....  People are so kind...

I managed to get back on the parkway and many miles at a sedate 45 mph..  I was heading for the campsite at Rocky Knob on the parkway but like a few sad people there it was closed... Not happy teddies :  Opens next week...  So next option was the Fairy Stone State Park on the 57 north of Stuart Virginia (yes I crossed another state line) and this site is even quieter than the quietest place on the planet from the other day. Although there was a road closed detour and lead me though some very back woods part of the country ---   I am still too early for the HU event so I have booked in here for two nights.. It will be good to have a day without riding.  I intend tomorrow to find out which 1/4 of my kit I don't need.... Must be brave and ruthless.

Whilst I am writing this I am also cooking supper it's 5pm and I am having pasta with creamy Parmesan chicken - it says on the pack serves 4+ but it will have to do...... And the last of the Budweiser sleep aids...  

Before turning in for the night I met a charming couple with their twin young daughters and we sat a talked for over an hour about my trip, England and what the hell is going on with Trump!!!

I must remember to ride into town tomorrow as the shows a Grocery store..

Odometer 70279..