Wednesday 20 April 2016

Wednesday Day 3

Dear reader,
After another restless night in the motel and despite a 5 mile walk to the local Mall (locals pronounce that Mawwwwwwl).  I managed to get a local SIM card for those just in case moments.   Back to the motel and so hot I just could not face a big meal... And so to bed and try to choose from hundreds of channel with mostly adverts, God, or rubbish chat shows....

I set off this morning about 8am and just headed north on the 441 and then stopped for a long cool drink and my first cheeseburger at a McDonalds...  I was just getting back on the bike and ended up speaking to 3 separate people in the car park - all wanting to know who, why, where and when.... It's those UK plates that does it....  About 10 mile up the road I found a motorcycle dealership and got some chain oil etc as I was unable to ship some from the UK.  When asked what I was riding, 3 or the staff followed my out to the parking lot to see a genuine Honda Africa Twin....  Good bunch of lads.....

I checked the KOA (Kampsites of America) website and found a "Kampsite" at Oklawaha Lake.   one the tent was pitch I then had to ride back 5 miles to the local store for some supplies.... I am sure I could banjos playing in the back room..... !!!!

Then back to to site to get wash, doing to laundry... and meet up with Dave who arrived at my tent... He to is a biker and will be returning this evening to talk about bikes and trips etc....  I have managed to lay in a few Budweiser sleep aids for the event....

I am now sitting in the peaceful surroundings of the site clubhouse - and it's so quite here.....  And free wifi...  Now back to the maps and punch in a destination for tomorrow.....  I did about 150 miles today which is going to be about the norm for the trip.  Most of the way the speed limits were between 35 and 45 and further of of town upto 55.. Which suit me just fine....



By for now....