Saturday 23 April 2016

Tallahassee Gorge State Park

Dear reader 

Welcome again to my blog.... Following my last short blog I head north again on the trusty old 441... And go totally soaked on the way the Dublin...  Had to stop near Milledville for a warning coffee, before hitting the road again and heading for Athens... But it still was a little early to stop.. The sun came out and so I started to dry a little... So I kept going untilTallulah Gorge State Park.. Just north of Toccoa Georgia.

Nice camp site but a little prices at $32 ,  but it has showers and a dryer...   Wait .... The man across the road from me has just brought over a very cold and welcome Hurricane beer... Delicious... Thank you man.

I though my boots were water tight --- wrong.... Ah well... They will dry..   It is Friday and the site is filling up ready for the weekend.....   I would like to stay two night just for the break from riding... But not a $32 per night... Even with OAP discount.....!!

Tomorrow I will be in North Carolina and the Smokey Mountains riding the start of the Blue Ridge Parkway... I only intend to do about 120 miles tomorrow and then stop... Then   Hopefully not ride on Sunday....

I am not sure how many miles I ride each day as I just can't be asses (CBA) to record it so I will try to note down the end reading on the odometer....   I think the mileage at the start was 69044 and the mileage today is 69671 you can do the "math" as they say here..

I met some nice people today and only one said " I just luuv your accent " are you Australian?  The funny thing has been that they all look at the number plate and the two Union Jack stickers and still ask 'where you from' !!!  Where you headed??? I just say Alaska and that shuts them up....

Right I am off the remove these wet socks..... And spray anti moz over my bod.... Washing now done.....  I think it is about to rain again.......  I have just returned from a walk around the site ... So many huge trailer campers.. TV aerials, Sat Dishes, floodlights and one even using a power washer on his already very clean pickup truck..  If it ain't a V8 pickup then you ain't hip......  The site is now foggy from the mass of open fires and BBQs... And the chap next door is endlessly whittling and chopping wood for his fire...   It is now 8:30pm and way passed my bedtime.  I will just finish this chapter of Motorcycle Therapy by Jeremy Kroeker... I think I hear thunder in the distance.....

Night y'awwwl