Monday 25 April 2016

Boone North Carolina..

Hi readers,

I short blog as the wind is getting up and there maybe a storm rolling in.

I had a very lazy start to the day - it is Sunday after all... I think.  Got straight back onto the Blue Ridge Mountain Parkway and roads for miles without seeing another soul..  I eventually met up with a few bikers and had various conversations about how bike etc...  Then just as I was getting in my stride they closed the road.... Diversion in place... And that las test for miles and once back on the Parkway - Gertie the Garmin threw one of her hissy fits... and just would not track back on to the Parkway... Anyway I arrived in West Jefferson and had a few more meetings with bikers and also managed to put in a call the my wife (missing her lots) and also my mother (bless her).

I was now time for the day camp site hunt - only two closed this time before I back tracked to Boone (hence the circles on the tracking map).. A very nice site next to a small stream.   I am a day or so ahead of schedule, if there is such a thing... I don't need to be at the HU event until Thursday afternoon.  So I will try again to have a gentle ride up to Roanoke and see if the camp site at Smith Mountain Lake State Park is open for business.  I must remember to get some stores in from Walmart or such like....

On the whole some fabulous scenery and amazing views from the Parkway and mere photos does not do it justice - you will just have to visit yourself...

I do believe that I have just complete the first 1000 miles on this trip...

Odometer 70199

Nite nite reader(s)