Saturday 1 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Day 4


I had a very good nights sleep (thank to my best buy of the day - mozzie spray!!!)

Had a slow pack up and left the site a 9am. A pleasant ride today (even though it was 350kms) with no big dramas. I crossed over the Rhine and into Germany and before too long crossed over into Austria. This is a land of many tunnels but the big one was closed so we had to ride up the side of a mountain and back down again - I am not too fond of switchback using a loaded bike !! this does not bode well for my forecast efforts on the Stevlio Pass!!!

I had problem finding the camp site, so wasted 30 minutes trying - I gave up and Gertie Garmin suggested one 13kms further on. Found it and it was half the price of the first one.

All set up now and about to look at the map ready for tomorrow…. Italy I think !!!

Nite nite