Thursday 20 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Thu 20th


I can thoroughly recommend Casa Suzy & Roxy at Arpaşu de Jos.  It's very close the the Transalpina and the other one that I can't spell and it has secure parking for bikes.  The staff are welcoming, the beer is cold and the food is great - what more could you ask for.





Had a late start often breakfast and rode a very boring A1 (with a bit of over the hills diversion) and even stopped for lunch.  


It was hot when I left, then it became overcast, then it rained a little and it was hot when I arrived in Arad.


I managed to lease my electrical adapter plugged in the wall when I left, but a luck would have it there is an electrical shop next to the hotel….


Had a brief walk around the area - but it's a little way out of the centre.


A great shower, large TV, air conditioning, good bed..  ah adventure travelling in on the up!!  Thanks to my old friend: the late Colin Hitchcock…


Tomorrow I cross in Hungary and may even get as far as Austria….