Wednesday 5 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Day 8 - I think…


The problem with short days is the temptation to join two together!!!  I left the campsite at 8am and cruised along the beautiful coast road heading to the next campsite near Zadar.   We arrived all too soon, despite my slow pace.   What to do …. Ride on….  Since I was last here 4 years ago, heading home from Bulgaria/Greece they have competed the A1 motorway so we hopped on that for a while… Exited at 28 and rode through a mountain (4.5km tunnel).   


I found the next campsite at Makarska but oh what a tourist trap…. Ride on….   It's too hot to set up a tent and then wait for it to cool down so that you can get in it….   I found a small but perfectly formed B&B with a room and air conditioning.   When I was unpacking the bike a polish gentleman handed me a cold beer… so welcome and I am about to drink it when I cook supper on a proper stove, with plates and everything !!!


Tomorrow is a run up to Sarajevo via Mostar.   Then I am staying for two nights so that I can look around the town that was so much in the news a while back - quieter now I hope….