Friday 21 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Fri 21st

An early breakfast and away by 7:30. I managed to navigate my way out of town - rule No 1. Stay away from tramlines and trams.

I got the the border at what looked like "shift change", lots of disinterested uniforms wondering about and lots of cars and trucks not moving…. It was now about 8:30 and the sun was getting a bit hot…

Finally through and a clear road ahead, it was going to be a long ride so I jumped on the M5 towards the Budapest ring road and then M7 to Nagykanizsa . I finally arrived at 2:15pm which was good as the placed opens at 2pm… but no, I forget that Hungary have different time zone - so off to the nearest petrol station for fuel and a couple of cold drinks whilst I wait. Now showered and sitting in an a/c room watching the practise for the Hungarian Grand Prix.

Out with the maps and plan tomorrow run into Austria and beyond. It's odd how it all changes when you finally turn for home…