Sunday 23 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Sun 23rd






Last nights camp site was nothing to write home about - the tent camping area appeared to be a bit of an after thought.   Just a rough piece of grass and nettles, and gravel path.   No power, no lighting, bugger all.   I was packed and ready to roll at 7am but had to wait for reception to open at 7:30….


I was going to camp near Villingen-Schwenningen but that means arriving at 1:30pm so I stopped at a petrol station for fuel, food and a ponder….  Ride on was the result… and on and on ….  Heading for Keyserburg where in stopped on Day 3.   It added a few mile to the day!!  Total 563kms in fact.    But I arrived in time to sort out the tent, shower and have a well deserved pint…. Not an early start tomorrow .

The weather was fine and a bit overcast until approaching France…. The wind is getting stronger and I think it might rain….


Again there is this idiot child here with a football just bouncing it… on and on and on….   


Tomorrow I'm am heading to Soissons and then on I am aiming for that quiet camp site near Calais ( where the bike had a bit of a lay down on the way out).  I will then unpack everything and sort it all out; if it's not raining.  I will the book the Chunnel and should arrive home sometime  on Wednesday afternoon.


Well thanks the plan….