Monday 24 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Mon 24th - Soissons




I managed to pack up the tent before the rain started - and did it rain !!! A proper job it was too, heavy rain, thunder and forked lightning…. Not sure if riding a motorcycle over the twisty hill was a good idea in that weather…. ah well the traffic was light.

So it stopped raining after about an hour then started again off and on for the rest of the ride to Soissons. Oh I forgot to mention the winds - bugger.

By noon the traffic was getting quite heavy, especially around Reims. I not sure I can get used to cars in the outside lane approaching at over 100mph. On moment you see them in your mirror and then whooosh there passing…. And of course driving up my exhaust when I am in their way !!?! 

A pretty empty car park .... motel not up to much either but it was very cheap..

All is well now and a simple run up to Camping Saint Louis near Par-de-Calais in the morning and the last night of the trip under canvas…

It'll probably rain !!!