Friday 14 July 2023

Motocamp Bulgaria - 14th Jul - broke down again


What an interesting day!!  Overcast this morning until about 9am.  I decided to ride to the local town to get local currency to pay my drinks bill and the new tyres...


I refuelled at the start of the town and then I found the ATM at the local kaulfhall, and got the cash.  Back on the bike and nothing, no start..  bugger.


I jump stated it with the booster battery and set of for Motocamp..  Nearly there and the battery stopped and so did the engine… stranded on the side of the road !!!!  I checked all the fuses etc and then found that a major connector had burnt out and melted….  The chef from the event was passing in his van and stopped and we loaded the bike into the back.



Got back to Motocamp and a couple of guys helped me strip out the wires etc ( Note: they did most of the technical electrical stuff)…. Having nearly sorted it, it was decided that the reason was that the rectifier was knackered.   Fortunately I have been carrying a spare one for the last 9 years just in case..!!!!


We replaced it and hey presto all sorted … the bike is running again….  If I had broken down anywhere else I would have been totally buggered ?!?!


Not all heroes wear capes…..