Saturday 22 July 2023

Bulgaria Trip - Sat 22nd


A good breakfast and 7:30 start. I headed north and then the border into Austria… there was no-one at the crossing point so I sailed through.   Heading for Salzburg was a boring ride although I must say the Austrian are well behaved drivers, no fuss, no agro and very polite.  It was a grey day and it rained as I road through the mountain passes and got very close to running out of petrol - thanks to them closing some petrol stations due to road works —- phew so close…


I missed the turn as I approached Salzburg so had to go around the ring road to get back on track (well done Gertie Garmin).  I managed over 500kms today !!!  I am getting used to this.


I found the camp site - yes; back in the tent after days a a/c, beds and cooked breakfast.  Motels etc are very expensive in this area.  






Pitched the tent, added more oil to the bike…. Sorted out the route for tomorrow… nothing booked but will see when I get there..   I think that tomorrow I ride passed the Airfield Hotel that I stayed at in Memmington in 2019, they have raised their prices somewhat… shame it was comfortable.  I had battery problems the following day I remember.


I am now sitting in the camp beer garden with a beer and some some food on the way.   I think some of these campers have been drinking all day !!!