Monday 14 May 2018

Day 6 - In the desert

Dear Reader,

This morning started at about 7:30 with breakfast with Pablo and Nicole, followed by a photo call with all of us and the bike.
So after many farewells (they have been very generous to me whilst I was in LA) I hit the road and then the freeway, I followed the SatNav for a while and then diverted over to Route 66 through Ontario and Redlands and refulled. Then picked up the I5 North near Hesperia.  All the time I was riding I was thinking I wish I had put on another layer as it was cold and grey, but by the time I ridden to Victorville the sun had broken through and it started to get warmer.  Onwards to Barstow and the into the Calico Ghost Town, by which time it was very very hot.

The town was busy but I managed to get something to eat as I won't be cooking until it cools down this evening - and managed to consume 2 litres of water (Pablo would be very pleased, and my family quite surprised).

I was paid a sort of compliment as I was looking for a shady seat to rest at, a lady said "your not from this parts are you" - to which I replied "no I am not, how could you tell" - and she said "because your not fat"……. So I am now back at the tent trying to get into the shade of this sparse tree.


t






This Blog won't probably get sent until I find a WiFi tomorrow morning as there is no signal of any kind here.  
So I am sitting at the bench next to my tent as shown in the photo and it is so quiet here - wonderful.

Lamp Casserole and pasta for supper!   Nite Nite