Friday 25 May 2018

Estes Park Colorado

Good evening dear reader,

After yesterday's long hours in the saddle today was going to be shorter, but it didn't end up that way.  I had a poor nights sleep as it turned very cold and damp in the night.   I stayed in my sleeping bag for as long as I could and finally got out at 8:00 and was on the road for 9:00.  I found some fuel and and some fruit, and then started a long climb up through the passes.  I had to stop half way just to have a break and put on some more clothes.  As usual the scenery was fantastic from up there.   I reached Salida and had a cold drink in McDonalds then headed out on the 24 towards Leadsville where I had intended to camp but it was too early to stop..  so on I went heading for the next Campsite on my list and that was in Longmont, only when I got there it did not exist, so back to the list and located another at Este Park yet another 35 miles on…

Ah well I saw some great scenery and was riding above the snow line for some of the way and even the lakes are still frozen.  Anyway I am here and I am staying two nights and not riding at all tomorrow.

The I will be riding around to Granby then taking the 125 to Walden and then heading for Laramie.  I am not how far that it but I think it only 200 miles, and hey presto I will then be in Wyoming.

I will recap some more tomorrow and I am doing bugger all and the washing….  Life of the road huh..