Thursday 24 May 2018

Gunnison Colorado

Dear Reader,

Had a quiet night, and as per usual I packed up early,  said goodbye to Pablo and rode off looking for breakfast.  The headed south for a few miles (I trust you are following this on the map) then turned
Left and headed towards Naturita ( where I stopped for fuel just like I did in 2016).  Chatted to a couple of curious bikers on big Harleys before carrying on to Ridgeway.  On the way you pass by Paradox and Bedrock and then you drop down into this fabulous valley and then ride for 35 miles in a straight line..  amazing ….  After stopping for coffee at Ridgeway I headed up to Montrose and then the campsite a Gunnison - camping on grass - very nice.   Had great shower and done laundry and now sitting as its only 5pm, blogging and trying to sort out the inReach as I think it is still reporting every 10 minutes - if I don't get it sorted I will have a large bill to pay at the end.  I have tried to get advise from the supplier but I was given the Microsoft solution of trying turning in off and then back on again……

After riding for too long yesterday; I only rode from 8:30 til 14:00 today but even that was too much as it was quite windy on some of the roads.  Tomorrow is a short day of just 150 miles to the Leadville area.