Friday 25 May 2018

Estes Park Colorado - Day 2


Good day Reader,

Last night was fun as there was a wine tasting at the site, the local wine was good, but at $6 a glass I would hate to think how much a bottle would be.  After that I sat a chatted to a group of people and then turned in at about 9pm.  Making sure to add extra layers first.

After a goodnights sleep, even though it was very cold, and there was ice on the bike seat this morning, the sun soon got everything hot again.
I spent some time sorting out my kit in the panniers trying to find the 1/4 of stuff that I don't need.  Found some but not a lot.   Then I topped up the oil and re-tensioned and oiled the chain.
By then it was time for some exercise - so I walked into town via the lakeside (so very picturesque) and then found an ATM and a cold drink and breakfast, then walked back.  I even bought saw an Elk grazing by the side of the road.  I called in at the Mountain equipment shop across the road and bought my supper "Backpackers Pantry" - Kathmandu Curry !!!   Just add hot water - I will let you know how that goes!!!

The Campsite staff are so friendly and welcoming.  Today is Friday and they are expecting a rush of people this afternoon as it is Memorial weekend (like our Bank Holiday I suppose), so it should be very busy later.  I will walk down to reception to send this as the WiFi at this end of camp is none too good.

Tomorrow the plan is to ride over the pass to Granby and then north to Walden and then a Campsite at Laramie in Wyoming.   After that I should be heading toward South Dakota - I think…