Wednesday 23 May 2018

Moab Utah




Dear Reader,

Following a very long but satisfying 7 hours of riding I finally arrived in Moab.  I left Panguitch at about 7:30 this morning and took the 12 through Bryce Canyon which was spectacular, and rode through until it changed to the 24 and was equally brilliant until it reached the I-70.  I stop many times for the view and to take pictures and even met a couple from Suffolk at the top of one of the passes. I think this was one of the best scenic routes I have ever riding, absolutely fantastic and not to be missed.  I followed with windy I-70 through Green River and turned off and rode down to Moab and arrived about 4pm

I will try not to work out how many miles I rode today but it was too many but worth it.  Whilst riding the bike clocked up 60,000 kms and I reached the first 1,000 miles this trip.

Tomorrow I am heading into Colorado and should be stopping in the Gunnison area.  Now to hit the showers and cook some food before it gets dark.

Nite nite..