Wednesday 16 May 2018

Wednesday - Oatman and Flagstaff


Dear Reader,

I packed up early and was on the road for 7am - it was cool but getting hotter.  After a refuel and a short hop on the I-40, I turned off onto Route 66 and headed for Oatman, lots of desert and bugger all else.
Having arrive at Oatman, it was bit earlier for for town and the chef was not in until 9am…. So I ended up with a big bottle of water and a large tub of strawberry ice-cream - some breakfast…. I also met up with a biker from Ohio riding a Super Tenere. then left for Kingman, and Seligman and Ashfork.   I rode through Williams which was very busy and then onto Flagstaff.

I arrived in good time for the campsite and met with Traci and within a short time Greg and Mel arrived and I pitch my tent behind their site.   We were then joined by Dave and Thomaz and we all went to the Steak house up the road.  Then back to the camp for a beer and an early night.  This evening we are all going to town for a pre event get together.  Tomorrow we move into the Overland Expo campsite for 4 nights.

The bikes running well and not using too much oil, but I need to remember to oil the chain before I take off again north to Monument Vally and Goosenecks State park, I will then decide which route to take after that.

I will try to blog over the time of the event and maybe send a few photos to FB and or Instagram.

See you later...