Tuesday 22 May 2018

Day what ever - Panguish Utah

Dear Reader,

After another cold night, I was up at 6am.. Had a cup of tea with some of the other early risers and then set about packing the bike and tent.  By the timeI had finished that more campers were awake and I did the rounds saying goodbye.   They are a great bunch of people, so kind, friendly and genuine.     Time to hit the road, well almost hit the ground and I was too hasty on the sand exiting the campground and was nearly on my arse. 

I rode up the 89 and 89a going North where the plan was to camp at Jacobs Lake, it was only 150 miles or so, and the plan was to immerse myself in a hot shower and do my washing.   I don't think I have ever felt  so dirty, I hope I didn't smell….   Anyhow, when I got the the site it was a tourist trap and a state campsite with not showers and only drop toilets… bugger - so I logged onto the inter web and booked myself into the KOA at Panguish in Utah - a further 105 miles on.  The northern part of Arizona and the southern part of Utah are fantastic with Great Plains and fabulous views of high rocks and valleys.  

Arrived at Campsite and once the tent was sorted I hand a very long and hot shower…. Much needed and much enjoyed..  Then sorted out the laundry which was good as I was down to my last pair of shreddies.. Now sitting in the shade sorting out emails and the blog.  I stopped on the was to get some fuel at this Gun Shop.. apparently Guns, Ammo and Beer all go together !!  





Tomorrow I back track 7 miles and then ride along the edge off the Kaiparowits Plateau, through Escalante, Hanksville, and Green River before dropping down to Moab.  I may even get into Arches National Park.  Good Night..