Tuesday 29 May 2018

Rapid City - South Dakota

Good afternoon dear reader,

I am another early start this morning but the Cafe of site was still not open - so off to Sundance for breakfast.  I found the status of the Sundance Kid and had breakfast at the cafe opposite.
Then on the road again heading for Spearfish, Deadwood and Mount Rushmore.   And yes, you guest it did pour with rain and I mean poured.  I stopped for fuel and talked to a Christian Biker, which was interesting.  Back on the road and yet more torrential rain. 

I rode up the Main Street of Deadwood and then stopped at the Deadwood Museum some very interesting items there.  Back on the bike and more rain ( I am beginning to get paranoid about this ).  I reached the Mt Rushmore National Park and because I is old I got in the $5 and the pass last for a year !!

This is the first miner to strike gold in Deadwood.




And these of those on the Monument, maybe one day D Trump will have himself added to the rock !!!






I met another biker in the carpark (Brian) and we chatted a while before I departed to Hill City in the rain…. It appears that the rain stops when I get off the bike, and it starts when I get back on.   Anyhow I an sitting in a Cafe with a much needed cup of tea, and wittering away on my Blog.

I believe that the place I am staying at this evening is not too far away from here.  The sun has come out but that's because I am indoors…

The bike is still  running well, but is a a bit of a mess and needs a hose down, maybe I will ride it through a car wash….   How about this for style over practicality…..




Well that it for now..     Goodnight…