Thursday 17 May 2018

Thursday - OX 2018

Dear Reader,

A good day yesterday, nice and warm and following a slow start sorting out washing etc and just chilling we made our way down town.

We have been joined at the camp site by a few more bikers, including a nice couple from Belgium.

The town was full of people to meet, some I have not seen since my last OX in 2016. Mark Manley was there with his lovely old GS hoping for a prize in the cool ride competition. We also chatted to the owner of a Merc saloon which had covered over 800,000 kms.

After a tour around the Adventure Travel shops it was off to find something to eat.... Being in America and being a Brit I went for the Fish & Chips!!

The time at present is 6:30am - I had a shower at 5:30. Now sitting typing this on the iPhone and it is bloody cold... just waiting for the sun to come up.

We are off the the OX campground at about 10am and will be there until Monday morning when I will head North to ????

Note: I think all camp sites in the USA are either by a Railtrack, an Airport or a Highway - mostly two out of three.....