Sunday 27 May 2018

Laramie Wyoming

Good evening dear Reader,

Two nights at one site was a good idea, a day off from riding was even better.   

A pleasant night, despite the cold and up early and a good hot shower, I had to wait a while for the sun to rise and dry out the tent and groundsheet.   So at 8am, I decided that I did not want to go via the main road to Granby (there was already a queue to get onto the pass).  So I decided to take the long route, so I headed south on the local route 7 through the forests and it was empty…. Brilliant … Lots of twists and turns, lots of peaks and passes but it did add about 100 miles to the route.   Finally joined the I-70 for about 10 miles and then headed north to Granby which was more steep climbs to the ski resorts up above the snow line and down again.  

I stopped for lunch at Granby then continued North over the Plains and into Wyoming with it's famous Wyoming Winds for about 80 miles of almost straight endless roads.  I suddenly remembered that I needed to take more photos, but that would be more pictures of endless roads but I did manage to snap one old building.   



I then tried to use the GoPro but the result was not good as the camera was crooked.   

So after many miles of cross winds I arrived at Laramie about 3pm..  The campsite is a flat field with no shade or shelter from the wind, so I am sitting in the games room until its time to go and cook supper.

I have sorted out a very short day for tomorrow and its is only 110 miles to Casper.  I had thought about booking a Motel/Hotel for the night but they all had Memorial Day prices of over $100 per night.  So that treat will have to wait until Wednesday or Thursday…