Sunday 20 May 2018

Sunday - Overland Expo 2018

Good morning dear reader,

Its now 11:30 in the morning here at Flagstaff.   Last night was the Moto Dinner event and a great time was had by all, there was a raffle with some fabulous prizes and as usual I was close but not close enough.  Walking around the site there was some impressive but impractical vehicles and I had to include this one…. A snip at $1.5m…. At about $500 just to fill the diesel tank, and a 3ltr turbo V8 engine I would hate to think what it does to the gallon.





This morning was the breakfast walk where traders lay on breakfast and drinks for free.  Then I walked over to see the Off Road Challenge which was so difficult I have no idea how anyone got around.
Back at the campsite people are starting to pack up and go, I will be leaving in the morning and heading up to Page KOA.  This site is great but there appears to be a distinct lack of facilities for campers, i.e Showers, sinks and on-site shops.   So I will book in to Page KOA and get was washing done, have a good shower and wash some of this fine dust off everything.

So there you are for today… I will wander around and go back to the campsite and sort out the inside of the tent which looks a wreck.

I will hopefully write again when I get to Page.