Thursday 21 June 2018

Beaver Utah

Good evening dear Reader,

After such a busy day yesterday and a reasonable night, today was going to be a short one.   I left the campsite at about 7:30 and ventured into town in search of breakfast.  I found a charming little cafe and was immediately invited to sit down and chat with an elderly gentleman and we discussed many things over two eggs, hash browns and toast.  I nice chap who was driving a modern Jaguar of some mark.  He is a working poet now and has published a book - apparently  containing an ode to Tony Blair - that might be worth reading.  William Grimbald I think he said his name was - I must look him up.  He certainly new his history too.

I then departed to get fuel and get back on the road to Beaver in Utah.  Those of you that are following these 'adventures' on a map - I left Ely on the US-50 and then took the Scenic By-way (their description not mine!)  The US-21 took me through Garrison and Milford.  Not very scenic just more and more of nothing for a far as you could see but plenty of passes to climb over and the valleys; well they were just stupidly hot… Never mind your Death Valley, these were certainly over 100 degrees…. And by the time I reached Milford for more fuel the wind had picked up…. Arghhh

I am now sitting a the shade at a campsite and watching these vast RVs arrive - Leviathans of the road and usually towing and equally large vehicle behind….    Someone once told me that comfort starts at about $500,000 and they use about $160 of fuel a day…..!!!
We now have about 10 ATV buzzing around the campsite - all togged up with headsets and ballon tyres… "Lets off road"….  Oh yes and flags on long aerials… just in case..  Over the air I could that they had "have a copy - so let roll". And off they went...

I took some short videos whilst riding today and will try to post them at sometime….