Sunday 3 June 2018

Cascade Lake Idaho - Day One

Dear Reader,

Now for all you non-biker travellers, just look at the 4 photos below and see what we travellers have to put up with….  Life on the road is not easy….

Anyhow, I started off in good time this morning having slept remarkably well.   Did a bit of minor roads before being pushed onto the Interstate for the next section to Mountain Town.  I met up with Joshua Martinez for a coffee in the same McDonalds where we met 2 years ago as I passed through.  We exchanged pannier stickers, and chatted for ages before he had to go and get ready for work as their was the local Air Forces Base open day and it was all hands to the pumps.  It was good to meet you again Josh, and if you are ever in the UK - do look me up.

As I was leaving the town I noticed that the local High School was raising money by washing cars, so, I parked up and gave them the honour of given Madiba a bit of the bath….  It does look better now.  So I left there and had to take the I-84 to Boise.   I don’t like cities much and now I know why, just endless street full of Malls, food shops and Medical Practitioners !  Oh yes and Churches - God does have the best houses and car parks…

Finally out of town onto the 55 heading North.  Big roads with sweeping bends and great hills and views.  The road got narrower as I climbed and finally arrived at Cascade State Park, which where I took these pictures.  Now the decision today is: shall I stay here another day or should I pack up and ride North to Kamiah and then left to Lewiston in Washington State?   I need to think and that a little, maybe I could stay as I have loads of time and the rear brake pads on the bike need replacing…….   By the way - if you getting this late it is because there is no signal or WiFi here…

Nite nite..






















And the kids giving Madiba a bath