Thursday 28 June 2018

Kingman AZ



Good afternoon dear Reader,

Thanks to Peter and his van we visited downtown Flagstaff for a great cup of tea and a bit of shopping for my return to UK.

Then is was just a case of staying out of the sun until it got cooler - for those of you that have not been following the weather problems in the USA - they have severe thunder storms in the North and a heat wave from the East coast to the West coast and I am just North if the really hot bit - it's 112 down in Phoenix South Arizona....

The forecast was for high winds (23mph) today combined with the high temperatures. So after a sleepless night thinking about riding in the winds and listening to the gusts hitting the tent overnight. I got up at 5am and had a cup of tea with Peter and was ready to ride at 6pm. All was fine until I reached Seligman when the wind caused some issues. I stopped for a cooked breakfast about 17 miles outside Kingman.... tasted great.

I rode the last bit of the I-40 with 20 mph winds and finally arrived at Kingman - nerves shattered... I am staying in a Motel with a/c for two nights before riding the next short leg to Barstow. God it is hot outside....

Enough for today....