Saturday 23 June 2018

Flagstaff Arizona

Good morning dear Reader,
Well yesterday was a knackering day, I rode from Beaver in Nevada to Page in Utah then Page to Flagstaff Arizona - I think that's right. The first bit was fine with good roads, lots a forests and views, but then once I reached Page and refuelled and then turned South..... well the heat went up and up and the side winds did too.... and we got stopped at roadworks and were just sat there in the middle of nowhere for 30 minutes with no shade, OMG is all I can say... at one stage the winds kept alternating from the left over to the ride - I was all over the road... I was so thankful to see the hills and forest as I approached Flagstaff....

I arrived at Woodys Mountain campsite a physical wreck... I just about managed to put the tent up and I hit the sleeping bag and fell fast asleep, even with the endless trains running by the site...

After a great shower this morning and a borito and coffee, and at least three pints of water I am starting to feel better. I am currently lounging on a lounger at the back of the laundry, in the shade with a breeze and reading my e-Reader - I think the book is entitled "those two idiots" and is about a motorcycle trip through Europe, Turkey, Iran and Pakistan... well that as far as they have got so far....

I will be riding out to Holbrook tomorrow and will then decide where next.... the heat is a great factor so I will need to look at the options.... but for the moment I am chillin if that is possible in this heat - mind you they all flock to Flagstaff as it is in the mountains and away from the high heat further South....
I suppose one could get used to it - eventually - still better than freezing temperatures - I suppose...

Speak later