Monday 4 June 2018

Cascade Lake - Day two

Dear reader,

This is such a great location that I have decided to stay for a 2nd night. All the day trippers and weekenders left yesterday afternoon and the site is very quiet (except for the couple down the hill that talk very loud all the time). Last night was quite cold and I ended up putting on more clothes, and I can't find my woolly hat that I use, probably in and washroom somewhere back down the line.

So this morning I had a great lie in until 7:30 and a very slow start to the day. I took a walk along the edge of the lake and then set about changing the rear brake pads on the bike, they certainly needed it. Success as I am not the best mechanic in the world but carry tools just in case I meet someone that knows what they are doing. Then to test them out I rode into the small town of Cascade to get some fruit and supplies and also to have a cooked breakfast at Grandma's. The food was great when it arrived but the place was full on families with children, lots of children. I took nearly a hour to rustle up a mushroom, eggs and hash browns. Ah well it was very filling. Then back to the campsite to just chill, with the occasional mug of tea.

Tomorrow is a very short run up the valley - about 180 miles or so, then turning left into Washington State in a day or so.

It has been a very cathartic sort of a day, so very quiet here and warm, although the wind did get up this afternoon but it appears to have dropped a little. I forgot to take the laptop and mobile with me this morning to send and receive any emails, so that will have to wait until tomorrow afternoon maybe.

It was my 29th Wedding Anniversary today - so I have missed that again. Next year being the 30th I promise to be home for that one. I did however pre-arrange for the red roses to be delivered.
I am very aware of the days and the distances travelled and that I need to slow a little, as I don't need to be in LA until the earliest of the 26th July. This would give me time to sort out the bike and all that is going home with it, and the stuff that I will be taking home on the plane. Just taking it a day at a time. Mind you I could roam around Arizona and California for a week or so as the weather is much warmer there!!

I think it must be time to warm up some grub for this evening - nothing special - looks like a tin of Beef Stew compliments of Dinty Moore…. And the good news is that the chatty couple are packing up to leave….

Nite nite all