Wednesday 27 June 2018

Flagstaff AZ

Good morning dear Reader,

Well yesterday was a hot one.   I spent most of the day hiding in the shade and reading.   I was joined on the site by Peter from NZ and he is touring around the USA in a van.  So as the sun finally went down we got some beers and ice for the cooler box - and the sat and compared routes and campsites.   Then I got a text from Tomas Kucera who I had met at the OX some weeks before and so he drove over and picked me up and we went into town for a beer and something to eat (I had fish and chips - how adventurous !!).   We then retuned to the campsite and met back up with Peter and chatted for a while until was just too tired to stay up - after all I had started out yesterday and 05 something silly in the morning.

I slept reasonably well but the wind had got up and the tent was moving about a bit.   So, this morning I was up a 5:30 and in the shower - so warm and refreshing, did some laundry and then had a cup of tea with Peter.   Then we went into the nearest McDonalds for a tea and a bit to eat.  Then back to the campsite and it was still only 8:45 in the morning.   Some campers are not even out of bed yet!!

So now it is just a case of hiding in the shade again and reading and relaxing….  Tomorrow I will have to get suited and booted and head West towards Kingman - via the Planes of Fame museum - I really can not be arse today …

Tomas Lucera and OX 2018..


Later