Sunday 17 June 2018

McKinleyville - Day 3

Dear Reader,

Still here in McKinleyville.  Although still getting over this cold, I was invited to stay another day, a generous offer that I could not refuse.

Yesterday was a brilliant surprise, we took a tour around the town and had to walk around and a great breakfast.  It was the annual Oyster Festival yesterday and the town was alive and busy.  Then off for a further tour of the area in the car and we ended up at a remote airfield in Samoa and there in a lockup was Greg's aircraft.  After thorough pre-filght checks it was all aboard and down the runway and up, up and away.   We flew over the area and circled around, a brilliant flight - a little bumpy in places but nevertheless great.   We put down for fuel at Arcadia Airport and having topped up the tanks, the starter motor would not engage (!)… So we parked up the plane and got a lift back to the house.   Later Greg and the other guys that use the aircraft returned and sorted out the issue.

Later that day we all went out for a meal at the local very popular 6 Rivers Brewery - another excellent meal and I have now got my appetite back.  We returned to the house as Greg and Kristy were going out to celebrate her birthday, I decided that the best this was to stay home and rest.  I actually had another early night, and slept extremely well and did not hear them arrive home in the early hours of this morning…

I had decided to ride to Mt Lessen this morning but was persuaded to stay another day and rest….  So this morning we all drove into town for a cooked breakfast (eggs and hash browns for me) delicious.

Greg and Kirsty have now gone to recover the aircraft back to Samoa and then collect an item for his bike from Fortuna.

I decided to stay in the house and am now listening to Money Box Live on Radio 4….

Tomorrow I will ride to Mt Lessen and stay overnight and then of Tuesday I will ride to South Lake Tahoe…. and then decide where next..  but heading towards Las Vegas, the Hoover Dam and Flagstaff…

Thank you to my daughters for the Fathers Day wishes and the card….

Speak later...