Monday 25 June 2018

Sedona and Holbrook AZ

Dear Reader,

I thought it would be a good idea to visit Sedona and then Holbrook's petrified forest.... oh dear another mistake ....
First of all I had forgotten it was Sunday and the world and his wife where heading down to the canyons and gorges of Sedona - they were everywhere... all the parks were showing "car park full" signs, they were parking on the side of the narrow road... I did manage to get some shopping done and then return north.   

Then I headed for Holbrook and as usual the wind started and the temperature rose - why would I not expect that.....

Found the site and have taken a cabin with a fridge, microwave and an a/c unit... sorted...

I found this photo on the camera from the night I spent in Beaver....

So here I am in the middle of the desert and l can still hear the lonesome train whistles...

Anyway I should not be here and will return to Flagstaff on Tuesday morning....   silly Brit ...

One good thing is that they have a cowboy cafe on site the does meals and breakfasts....

Nite nite