Friday 15 June 2018

Grants Pass Oregon



Good evening dear reader,

Had another quiet night - a pizza was delivered on time and I managed to eat 6 of the 8 portions.  Not bad for me.    I watched some rubbish TV and then fell asleep.  I woke this morning feeling decidedly 'wobbly', but I've got to get on with it.   I had a lovely refreshing bath and then packed the bike.   I think I left my big chain and lock behind the room door - ah well less weight.

Called into the local pharmacy at Bandon and got some 'Meds' and fruit and then back on a windy by pretty coast road - the 101.  The pills they sold me are so big that I had to ask if they were suppositories......  I rode as far at Gold Beach and then stopped for some breakfast - coffee, eggs and hash browns.  Then I thought I would take the Scenic Byway from the coast to Grants Pass via Agness…….. oh not a good idea, the first 20 miles were fine and then the signs started to appear that this road could be closed in bad weather…..   Well, bad weather or not the road just had long sections missing or filled with gravel and big holes where the road was slipping away…. Not my best choice of road, but fortunately with no one to see me I was able to take it very slow of the rough bits.    52 very twisty miles later the nightmare ended… as it had done for a couple of suicidal squirrels on the road and it was a straight run to the campsite ( and yes more gravel )….

I have taken the first batch of pills and I think I feel a little better, but exhausted.  So an early night tonight me thinks.   Tomorrow I will be riding into California and visiting Greg, a fellow biker that I met at Overland Expo in Flagstaff, no fuss just a beer or two and then sleep.   I will figure out the next stage of the route tomorrow, but I think I will be heading for the Lake Tahoe area,  but not too many miles each day ; especially when I am feeling a bit knackered….

No I must get something to eat before it gets dark…. Its not raining and the sun is very warm and will be getting warmer as I travel East….

Nite nite