Saturday 16 June 2018

McKinleyville California

Good afternoon dear reader,

This cold gave me a sleepless night, but I do feel better today although still a little exhausted.  I packed up in slow time this morning, but was still on the road for 9:15.   After a quick ride down the Interstate then onto the 199 for a very pleasant ride through the forests and canyons, so much nicer than the Bear Camp road the day before..  

I finally got to stop for lunch at the historic Hiochi Cafe, I am not sure why its historic but apparently it is, take my word for it.   Ofter that we were onto the 101 again heading south to Greg's House at McKinleyville.    I arrived just in time for Greg to swoop into the drive in the Sheriff's car, fully suited and booted.   So all sorted, washing in the machine and cats spoken too..  I will sort out the routes for the next few riding days later:  Redding, South Lake Tahoe, Nevada, LA and Flagstaff.

Enough is enough for today.  Greg has popped back to the Airport to continue his duty and I am just relaxing in the quiet.  It good to stop, unfortunately stopping can be habit forming.   I must sort out some sort of timetable to get my where I want to be and get back to LA for about the 26th July…

Nite nite..