Wednesday 13 June 2018

Coos Bay - Cream Crackered



Hi dear Reader,
A very long sleep in the campsite in the woods - just too many trees stopping the sun getting through.... so it was quite cool, snuffling and coughing. Despite having loads of time to pack and leave and even by packing slowly I was still on the road 9am.

I stopped for tea and hash browns as I approached Coos Bay as the check-in at the Motel was for 3pm. This cold is getting worse so nuts to it I rode into the Motel 6, and pleaded sickness and insanity, so they let me move into a room early...

I took everything off the bike and rode it around the corner to the car wash and let Peter work his magic on Madiba. I collected it an hour later - nice job.

I need to get some food and drugs for my dubbed up nose... So I then walked into town to find a cafe and a Safeway's, it turned out to be about 2 miles to Safeway's, I stopped for a panini and coffee which I was just unable to finish... Then the 2 mile walk back to the Motel... Totally buggered now.

I consulted Dr Nigel and he recommended going to bed at 4:30pm and staying there... plus more spray up the nose.... and watching Friends on the TV and later a film.

So from my sick bed it's good night.... or good afternoon.

Off to the Honda Dealership in the morning - I will try to there for 8am... I think it will be about a 3 mile walk back and the 3 miles back again (up hill)....

Some art work and a historical train in Coos Bay....