Friday 1 June 2018

Twin Falls - Idaho

Good evening dear reader,

After the storm had passed over last night I decided to get on the road even earlier than usual, and try not to have to pack up the tent and stuff in the rain.  So after the early morning rest room call, I started to strike camp.  I was on the road by 6:30 and the roads were clear and the weather grey.  But as expected with my luck the rain started just a few miles down the road and it was bloody cold.  I soldiered on untilI got to Ashton and just had to stop for a hot drink.  Then off again until Idaho Falls - enough is enough I thought and pulled into a Camp site - all booked as it's Friday.. Bugger - so after a complimentary cup of hot coffee, use of his internet to book the next site and some fuel for the bike I headed to the next town on Twin Falls.  

As expected the rain then stopped and the winds started to blow all the way, and especially the last 25 miles which were hell…. Scared myself fartless I did…

Finally I rolled into Jerome just north of Twin Falls…. The sun is shining but the wind is still with us.  Tomorrow promises to be a "nice day" - but we will see..

The plan tomorrow is to start to head back North via Mountain Home and meet up for a coffee with Police Officer Joshua Martinez who I met 2 years,  and then on to Boise but if the weather goes crap again I might to revise everything and head South or West.

I have again chickened out and rented a cabin for the night - at least all the kit is now dry (Tent, Groundsheet, Sleeping mat, damp sleeping bag, and wet socks from Wednesday). Thank god for the Sealskin socks that I have been carrying around for weeks…. And the cabin has a heater !!  Yippee...