Friday 6 May 2016

A Mini Las Vagas. Branson Missouri... Arghh


I left Hicksville at 8 this morning.. Still blowing a gale... Cold but not raining.  I did find a very cool Aircraft Heritage Musuem just by the side of the road.. Photos below... You could not have that in the UK as the yob's would have graffitied the aircraft.....Rode on some very straight and boring roads (just no alternative).. Passed Poplar Bluff and on to Van Buran.. Had another coffee stop and chatted with two guy from the Department of Road Transport and then a very nice lady nurse came up and chatted and suggested that I visit Big Spring in the Mark Twain NF - which I did...  A very calming place...


Back onto the 60 until it was time to move on the a smaller road the 160...  a good road through hills and valleys, twists and turns... Just like riding in the Ardennes... It run for about 90 miles and for 90% of that it is double yellow lines and yes I go stuck behind a very large truck... Ah well never mind...  Finally got to the campsite at Branson at about 5pm....  I know I should be riding less each day but camp site are get a little thin on the ground, and I want to be reasonably close to a Springfield for tomorrow.

To total ridden miles today was 286 and my tail end knows it...



Tomorrow the plan is to ride into Springfield and then pick up the 60 again and find a campsite just south of Joplin at Twin Bridges State Park..  And that is in Oklahoma... But I will check on the book about Route 66 later...


Odometer 71642
Nite nite