Sunday 8 May 2016

KOA Oklahoma - what a grey day

Dear Reader,

Well decision made... Not riding today... Getting all the stuff charged, washing done, emails sorted, I spoke to my wife Debbie, my mother and Grandma (note she is 90 next week)..
The sky is overcast and it cool, with the occasional sunshine but they forecast a little rain this afternoon.... Mind you it is the same for tomorrow too!!! Slept ok, even though self-inflating ground mat is also self-deflating.... Looks like a dual purpose item... Where is a camping shop when you want one.... I remember buying this one at Hay on Wye when the last one got a puncture... I think that was on a weekend away with David Charlton when we were preparing for the trip to Morocco last April/May... So only a year old...

I am now sitting on the porch or stoop of the Kampsite Office in a rocking chair, looking at the maps for tomorrow, after staying over at Amarillo I will drop down south the the Paulo Duro Canyons State Park passed Lake Tanglewood.. The guidebook says its "Cut into the Texas plain by the Prairie Dog Town Fork of the Red River, and stretches for over 100 miles, with Canyon walls climbing to 1,000 feet"....... you could not make it up could you...