Tuesday 24 May 2016

Utah and going north...

.... Following yet another excellent day, we all attended the BBQ, alas I had not bought a ticket for that, but just as I was turned away from the queue and tall biker approached and handed me a ticket... As I have said before : adventure bikers are such nice people.  Thank you whoever you are...

Then back to the camp to have the farewell party..... and campfire...  I managed to slip away at about 10pm.. but I thing it went on until passed 3am! They know how to party this lot..

I woke up early and de-camped and  was ready for the road by 8am...  So many good byes to so many great people.. Truly parting is such sweet sorrow....  I just can't remember all their names but I will never forget the kindness and joy that there was in the cool camping area....   But it did feel great to be back on the road again..  Rode up to Flagstaff, then Tuba City (blink and you will miss it, and it is worth missing) and then as far as Kayenta and then into the Monument Valley, and that was very impressive - so took lots of pictures.  Onwards to Mexican Hat and start looking for a campsite.  I thought of going as far as Cortez but then remembered Goosenecks State Park... So for $10 I have a tentside view of the Goosenecks Valley... You just have to see the pictures to believe the view.

In the campsite overlooking the Valley I met with 8 Canadians from Montreal, and what a great bunch of guys, the couple where named AC and Stephanie.... Lots of photos taken for blogs and websites so that the photos will set back to Sam Manicom with whom Stephanie has been in contact with...  Such a small world this Adv Rider business.

So now I am set up, and this blog done, I can get supper ready and wait for sunset over the Gorge....

Tomorrow is going to be a loop through Valley of the Gods, Bluff, Four Corners ( the junction of four states (Utah, Arizona, New Mexico and Colarado) then up to Cortez, Durango, Silverton, Oray, Ridgeway, and then back to Cortez for the night.