Thursday 26 May 2016

Springville near Salt Lake City

Dear Reader,

Left the site at Moab early this morning, after speaking to another biker, a Canadian with a Honda 650, and he had ridden from the east coast of Canada mostly off road... Hats off to you young man...

I stopped in town for some hash browns and coffee, and met a couple and we talked about shipping bikes to the UK...  After Price the weather got a little wet as I rode up through the passes, hanging on for dear life in the winds.. At the top; Soldiers Summit, it was all down hill for about 30 miles...  And then a short run to the campsite.

Tomorrow is a short ride over to Wendover and the Bonneville Salt Flats...  And back down to Ely..

I have decided that I am not an Adventure Rider but just a biker on an Adventure.  I have been thinking about what Ted Simons was talking about, in relation to "Making a Difference", Members of the Foundation and all that... Well that just ain't me...  My blogs are more a diary than a work of literature...  As for my adventure, well, I appear to be just riding from one town to another, I do stop and "smell the coffee", I take pictures, and I chat to people, and I blog but I find it hard to call this fun....   Although I did enjoy the company at Overland Expo 2016 - they are great people...   I do enjoy the riding, but the winds are putting a damper on that....  I am sure that it will get better as I go North and West, and eventually turn South and head for Los Angles to ship the bike and myself out home.  I do miss my home and my wife, and am trying to ignore those that will scoff if I return home early but if that happens, it happens.....  Maybe I a just a little tired... Must dash and get something to eat before hitting the sack...