Saturday 28 May 2016

Option D - North to Idaho

...and the winner was Option D ... Well done and the brand new BMW R1200GSA is now yours....  If you want it...  A quick decision this morning and we headed North to Twin Falls Idaho.   It wasn't raining but it was bloody cold.... along the 93 and 122 - I won't mention the cross winds otherwise you will think I am obsessed with them... but it is getting on my nerve now....

The scenery was brilliant in a boring sort of way... Endless views with endless mountain ranges and fertile valleys.  I took the quieter Route 30 at Twin Falls to try to find a camp site at the State Park at Glenn's Ferry nothing so we motored on to Mountain Home and found a nice site which even has grass to pitch the tent on ... now there's a novelty...  I may well take a riding free day tomorrow.... But I want to avoid the rush on Monday when all the holiday makers head for home.... I just have no idea what it will be like...  Downtown Mountain Home looked like Blackpool as I rode through.. Lots of people wandering around eating and a fun fair etc etc....

I have been in touch with a Honda Dealer on the Oregon Coast and I will try to get Madiba an oil change and check-up at the end of next week, before heading South on the PCH...   In the meantime I intend to head for Boise via Route 78, Canyon City Route 26, Bend, Springfield and Florence before arriving at Coos Bay.    Or maybe not.. I will have to see how it goes...

I am trying out a new game.... Pack everything away in a different place every morning... It makes the evening setup so much more interesting...!!!

I think I rode about 260 today....  But as we don't go much above 60 mph and the problems I am having with wind..... no, the weather kind, I think that was about right for us.  After the Visit to the Honda dealer I think it will feel good to be heading South towards Los Angeles and journey's end... although I may cut over to Reno and down through Yosemite and Mammoth Lakes and I missed them on the way up....    I do miss my home and family.... So I maybe home mid to late June....