Saturday 14 May 2016

Flagstaff Arizona....


Hi Reader,

I have already dropped a few photos of today...  After a complimentary breakfast at the site, I hit the road at 8pm from Grants.  Not much of the 66 on this stretch... Lots of desert, lots of rocks and some very long trains...

I dropped off the I-40 into Gallup for a coffee break and also found a UPS office, so I purchased a box and loaded up some of the stuff that I have been carrying that I don't need...  Then back on the road and passed gracefully into Arizona... and of course more winds..... Bugger..  Continued on until Winslow Arizona and got the photos of me standing of the corner etc etc..... Then onto Meteor Crater, I was impressed with the site but not the $18 entry fee...   Then back to the road and with more cross winds, passed Two Guns, Twin Arrows and Winona and into Flagstaff for about 4pm.

Met another Biker/Camper, but he is across the other side of the park... and has already gone down town for a beer.... My tent is up and I have to sort out a few things... I should note that the guys next door have been talking since I arrived (now 5:30) and it looks like they are going on into the night.....

Just got to check the maps and see what I have planned for tomorrow.... Probably the Grand Canyon and then back to this campsite for tomorrow night.. Then have a very slow day on Sunday... Maybe a day off the riding anywhere distant....  




Odometer now 73078 ... Over 4,000 miles done