Tuesday 3 May 2016

Bowling Green Kentucky


Hi Reader,
Finally  made it to Bowling Green Kentucky.  Departed this morning at about 8:30 and rode through until about 2:30pm.  Lots of rain and fog riding up and through the Daniel Boone Forest.  I passed through Hazard but saw no Dukes... but heaps of V8 monsters with big wheels y'all, then on through Manchester, London, Somerset, Nancy, Glasgow before arriving here.  The sun tried to come out but still it was cold and I needed to stop and put another layer on...  I am about 50 miles North of Nashville Tennessee yee ha..  And I did pass the National Corvette Museum.... I thought about going in but.... 

I have just put up the tent and of course it is still soaked from the other day... Not enough room at the motel to hang it up...  So having a coffee and a chill before venturing down to the store to get more grits and WiFi..

Looking at the map tomorrow will be Bowling Green to Hopkinsville on the 80 then up to Paducah and then into Missouri, over the Mississippi River and I will try to get to the Mark Twain National Forest and Lake  Wappapello State Park...  Just North of the town of Poplar Bluff.

Odometer is reading 71126 - I think that makes about 2,082 miles since leaving Orlando...

 The link to the Spot Nav is :  

https://share.delorme.com/nigelgrace    

and the password is        Madiba