Saturday 7 May 2016

Oklahoma City...

I hit the road earlier and rode until about 11am stopping for a coffee, hash brown and fuel.... On the road today I have chatted with some great people, a whole garage full on Route 66 near Vinita and a couple with there grandchildren.... the lad had a trophy for football ... Now that is good....  I managed to avoid the Will Rogers Turnpike and rode the 66 all the way to Claremore then over the top of Tulsa... Dropping down through the City with all it's very tall building and very few cars...???  The through some back streets towards Mannford.... It was only 12.30 so decided to ride on into the afternoon to Cushing, then Stroud and finally stopping at the Oklahoma KOA at Choctaw...

It has been very hot today, so I am glad that I got the waterproof boots !!! Sod's law...
The tent is pitched but I am sitting away from it as there is no shade there at present....  at least there are other tent campers here today....  I may even take a day off tomorrow.. And give my backside a rest.... But with no shade I might not..

Once I get back on the road then we are heading to Amarillo... And I am sure that know the way to there....  Passing through Clinton, Elk City and Pampa.  There is a museum at Weatherford, and the Roger Miller Museum near Erick....   Or I could just ride on Sunday and rest on Monday.... Decisions !!!! Now where did I put that coin....

Odometer is 72038.  Just a few miles shy of 3,000 miles in less that three weeks...
It is hard to believe that I have been riding for only 18 days... Minus 1 non-riding day and 3 non-riding days whilst at the HU meeting.... So that is 14 days on the road....  Is that right? Average of 214 per day...  That's only 4 hours riding - too many coffee stops !!!!  

KOA is Campsites of America...