Wednesday 25 May 2016

Moab in Utah

An easy start today, walked next door and had breakfast... How people eat 3 or more of these pancakes is beyond me.. Set off over the mountains from Silverton to Ouray and then Ridgeway... If I thought the scenery yesterday was good, well today's was stunning, awesome in fact. Left Ridgeway on the 62 and lots of cross winds again.. Then onto the 145 through Naturia and Bedrock, a fabulous valley and then mile upon mile of a straight road until the steep climb out of the valley, and leaving Colarado and back into Utah, and then joined the 191 North to Moab.

This morning I had to stop and put on more clothing, now the temperature must be in the 90 and so hot... And it's only 3pm.

Tomorrow I am heading to Salt Lake City via Price and over night, then on to see the Bonneville Salt Flats and then I may drop back down to Delta, and across to Ely in Nevada. I must try to book a camp site as it is Memorial weekend here....

Odometer is 74073