Saturday 14 May 2016

Just bloody Awesome..

Dear reader,
I made an early start at it is Saturday and the world and his wife appear to be in Flagstaff. I rode about 65 miles north to the Grand Canyon State park and to the Desert View at the Old Watch Tower. I met with a nice Japanese lady and we chatted and she helped my out with a photo, I also met with a loud lady from Somerset who was touring around the USA before going to New Zealand.... UKs gain I would suggest!!

The Canyon is just beyond words really, and all the photos in the world would not do it justice.... I moved on down via the viewing points on the South Rim until I arrived at the Visitor Centre... Argghhhh a million cars with 2 million people all milling around and mainly eating.... Not for me so it was time to move on, one more thing off my list of things to see.

I took the more scenic route home via the forest... But you guess it.... More cross winds, I surely must be getting used to them now!!! I had left my panniers and tank bag in the tent so the bike was lighter and at little faster too.... There is something not quite right with the front mudguard after they fitted the new tyre. I does not sit straight and has been rubbing against the tyre.... Bugger, I adjusted it a little but I will take it all apart tomorrow and re-set it....

The family next door at the site are very nice with three children and they have invited me over for a meal tonight... Luckily I picked up some beers at the last petrol stop..

I will get up later tomorrow and ride down to Iain's place about 70 miles south in Cottonwood and pitch my tent in his back yard.....

Nite nite.... PS I is my mother-in-laws 90th birthday tomorrow so I must remember to phone home....

Odometer 73267